VFX CAMPUS, MUMBAI
Job Title: CG Supervisor
Reports to: VFX Supervisor
The CG Supervisor is responsible for realising the creative aims of the Director through the use of visual effects / computer graphics. Responsible for the production of CG assets, delivering a working shot pipeline and successful completion of CG elements for all shots on their project, they will creatively and technically lead the artists throughout the show ensuring that good and clear communication occurs at all times between the artists, production team and show leads / supervisors. Will contribute to bidding and crewing for their project, and have further responsibilities to the facility in terms of managing their team, providing feedback on crew, and proactively improving the facility pipeline for the long term.
Needs to do:
- Requires understanding of production process, as approves approach to the work of all 3D crew on a show.
- Verifies technical solutions proposed by crew members, proposes own solutions to particularly unique challenges.
- Works closely with VFX Supervisor to interpret the creative vision of the director, and plan a pragmatic way to deliver on that brief.
- Briefs 3D crew on Director’s and VFX Supervisor’s creative vision to facilitate artists producing the desired result.
- Communicates with facility departments – creatures, shading, pipeline and RND – to ensure tools development for the show is on track and issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Responsibility to coordinate management of show project schedules to ensure work is delivered to deadlines.
- Manages crew to ensure maximum productivity.
Needs to know:
- At least 10-12 years post-production experience.
- CG Supervisor or possibly previous Sequence Supervisor experience on 2 or 3 major films required.
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgement – knowing composition, cinematic design and animation timing.
- Thorough understanding of the complete Production Pipeline, with specific skills in architecting the specific Pipeline needs of a particular project.
- Good history of collaborating with RND teams – ability to provide tools specifications, then test and deploy these tools in a high pressure production environment.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, organisation and management skills.
- Expert in industry standard software packages such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
Needs to be:
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organised
- Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels