VFX Production Coordinator
Production coordinators co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work within a VFX studio, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of the projects they are assigned to.
- To provide technical, administrative and production assistance for VFX projects and business carried out on a daily basis.
- Liaise directly with the VFX Supervisors/VFX Producer of each project.
- Review production schedules and revise according to project specifications.
- Monitor the allocation of VFX staff in order to prevent overbooking, burnout and under-utilization.
- Create weekly and monthly schedules for project deadlines and VFX staff distribution and indicate the status of each to Producer and Production Manager on a regular basis.
- Communicate with artists daily, ensures they have the appropriate resources and that their work is on target for completion.
- Research and monitor VFX projects in development and creates production charts/documents for Producers and Management.
- Assist Producer with budget plans and quotes as required.
- Assist with administrative duties associated with daily operations of the visual effects division.
- Miscellaneous coordination duties as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Mac based software and Linux
- Experience with Shotgun
- Degree in Film or similar field
- Previous experience working as a coordinator for a large VFX studio coordinating feature film or television related projects
- Good client relation skills
- Good communication skills and experience with mediation
- Problem solving skills
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Positive attitude and calm demeanor
Prime Focus Creative Services Canada Inc
This is a full-time staff position working out of our Vancouver office 1205 Melville St., Vancouver BC, V6E 0A6. The salary for this role is $43,680 CAD per year. Successful candidate shall also be eligible to participate in the Company benefits package (inclusive of health, time off, holidays, etc.). We welcome applications from new Canadian immigrants, Aboriginal Youth and persons with disabilities.
Business Address: 1205 Melville St., Vancouver BC, V6E 0A6