Systems Administrator (Windows)
Prime Focus World is a global media services company providing stereo 3D conversion, visual effects and animation to major studios and filmmakers around the world.
Our Vancouver facility is seeking an experienced Windows Systems Administrator to join our IT team. This position will handle anything from simple help desk support to maintaining/troubleshooting the main servers.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform help desk support for the office, as well as some support for other building tenants
- Implement local and wide area networks for production, marketing and the general office
- Provide technical hands-on services for maintaining the facility's software, workstations, servers, networks, storage, internet, video and phone systems and all other technical infrastructure
- Handle wiring for phone systems and connectivity within the entire building
- Control and maintain the building access entry system to ensure it is up to date and only those who should, have proper access to the building and certain areas within the building
- Communicate the Company's decisions, procedures, and polices to staff and clients
- Ensure that department is communicating with administration, and engineering staff to ensure maximum efficiency across all job functions
- A minimum of 5 years experience
- Strong Active Directory background, Domain Group Policies, File Print Services
- Experience with Windows Scripting, PowerShell
- Strong Active Directory background
- Windows performance tuning, trending, and analysis.
- Understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID.
- Experience with running Windows server in virtual; VM Ware 5.0+
- Understanding of application & OS security, including virus scan management.
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), hardware & software network security, name services, load balancing
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Having worked in a Visual Effects environment is a bonus
- Having work with Audio Video equipment is a bonus