Senior Pipeline Software Engineer
The Pipeline Engineer is responsible for pipeline software, its API creation and development, core libraries creation, and software interfacing with the database in order to support production for ViewD.
* International travel is required for training purposes. Candidate must hold a valid passport and be able to travel to the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- API design and support for the current pipeline architecture.
- Understand database logic and ER diagrams, be able to effect changes to the DB and also anticipate their knock-on effects to the API.
- Pipeline design, development and support of software for the current pipeline architecture.
- Assist the Head of Pipeline in pushing forward new pipeline technologies and maintain high quality standards.
Pipeline Workflows and Collaboration:
- Guide a team of developers within the scope of developing certain projects.
- Travel to conferences to research and recommend improvements to existing pipeline and workflows.
- Work with artists, leads and supervisors to understand the day to day production workflow needs.
- Work with Technical Directors, UI designers and other engineers to advance and optimise the API that these teams work with.
- Research and recommend improvements to existing pipeline and workflows.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Knowledge of the film / broadcast / animation production environment and workflows
- Strong Python skills with proven OO experience
- Strong understanding of SQL databases (Maria).
- Competent understanding of UI development process.
- Some understanding of Restful Web framework.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge of database synchronization a plus.