Senior Matchmove Artist
Responsible for reproducing the geometry, camera movement and object movement of a live-action shot in a 3D environment.
1. Quality Control files received from outsource vendors.
2. Conform any Lidar scans, Survey Data or matchmove specific geometry for Matchmove Artists prior to starting a sequence
3. Work with animation and modeling departments to ensure accurate camera track.
4. Problem solve and predict potential problems related to scene setup and continuity.
5. Accurately reconstruct 3D geometry based on photographs.
6. Ability to perform camera tracking / object Matchmove / character Rotomation / scene layout
7. Ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team
8. Ability to take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes
9. Ability to deliver on schedule, working under pressure if required
1. Mastery of core 3D principles: rotation, translation, scale, gimbal lock.
2. Thorough understanding of 3D camera principals: lenses, distortion, parallax, camera projection, overscan, counterpins.
3. Artist must be well versed with Maya and 3D Equalizer
4. Artist should have at least two years of experience working on feature films.
5. Artist must be able to take direction and work in a team-orientated environment; great communication skills are a must.
6. Minimum of 3 years experience