Composite on all 2D visual effects projects as required, ensuring all shots / images are complete and on time from beginning to end of each individual project.
• Work with Visual Effects Production Team, Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to create the desired look for environments and characters that reflect a wide variety of styles.
• Perform visual and analytical problem solving in both 3 dimensional and 2 dimensional space.
• Understand the schedule of the 2D team and know what your duties are per project.
• Ensure all deadlines are acceptable, reasonable and met.
• Integrate and test 2D software with technical direction.
• Assist Technical Directors with reporting software bugs, technical issues and creating plug-ins solutions.
• Assist in development of 2D tools and utilities, for individual projects or general use as necessary.
• Create solutions or workarounds for technical problems through custom scripting or other appropriate means, as they arise.
• Other miscellaneous 2D / visual effects duties as required.
• 4+ years of 2D composition experience in a production environment using Nuke.
• Must have a good eye for lighting, detail and overall composition.
• Must have a strong understanding of how things should look and feel given specific artistic direction or reference.
• Understanding of practical movie set lighting and ability to incorporate and match those lighting setups in computer graphics.
• Extensive experience compositing with Nuke is essential.
• Experience with traditional drawing, painting, photography, and/or color theory a plus.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
• A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his/her own work.
• A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution.
• Must be willing to travel to India