We have an immediate need for an intermediate to senior Pipeline TD to join our team in our Vancouver, Canada location. We are developing and maintaining a Linux based pipeline centered around Nuke, Maya, and Deadline.
This Pipeline TD position requires the theoretical and practical knowledge in Graphic Arts, Computer Art, Media Arts or a related field. The Pipeline TD must be highly experienced in digital knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms and of the various proprietary software programs utilized in CG work.
- Work with the production team to ensure that client delivery specifications are met
- Work with the Nuke and Maya teams to maintain existing tools and provide new tools to support their work.
- Work with the Head of Pipeline to further develop our international pipeline
- Research, develop and maintain existing and new pipeline tools.
- Troubleshoot complex production problems in Nuke and Maya with the artists
- Knowledge of Shotgun or equivalent database a plus
- Strong scripting background in Python 2.7 or higher.
- Working knowledge of PyQT and or PySide
- Knowledge of Linux required
- Ability to work in a team with other specialized programmers, utilizing existing APIs / libraries.
- A minimum of 3-5 years feature film CG production experience required
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills including strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
- A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
- A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Animation, Computer Animation, or related field; or equivalent professional experience