Look Development Artist
As a Lookdev Artist at Prime Focus you will be responsible for creating the approved Lookdeved assets. Working closely with texture artists and the lighting team you use your artistic, aesthetic and technical abilities combined with your knowledge of lighting and rendering to create exceptional looking assets, including but not limited to props, characters, and environments to go into your projects. You have a developed eye for realism and detail but are also technically minded as to create assets that work well in various lighting situations.
• Create final look developed assets that work in shots with different lighting scenarios.
• Cooperate in the setup of standard render passes for comp.
• Assist in developing standard lighting rigs & setups for verifying aspects of look development.
• Keep supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues
• Work closely with appropriate Leads and Supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & color pipeline requirements
• Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
• Communicate with the shader developer in order to ensure all necessary parameters and functionality are included in production shaders
• Work closely with texture artists to create necessary texture maps for application to creatures, props and environments
• Assist in training junior Look Dev Artists and newcomers
• 4+ years look development experience and lighting experience in feature VFX required
• Strong Knowledge of physically based renderers, especially VRay and Arnold.
• Strong knowledge in Maya, Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies.
• Some experience with scripting/programming languages (python, MEL, PERL, C, C++, shell scripting)
• Ability to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality
• Ability to take direction positively, working well within a team, and thriving under pressure of tight production deadlines
• Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Possess familiarity with asset management systems and procedures
• Familiarity with Mari, zBrush, Mudbox, or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus