Digital Matte Painter
To composite / paint / colour for all 2D visual effects projects as required and meet all deadlines providing clients with a satisfactory product.
• Responsible for all colour correcting and painting as instructed.
• Assist in and composite shots as necessary.
• Liaison directly with supervisor / lead / VFX Coordinator.
• Meet all deadlines and communicate status on a daily basis.
• Make use of in-house technical resources.
• File all work electronically in the designated areas.
• Other miscellaneous 2D / visual effects duties as required.
• Complete and submit weekly timesheet and R & D forms as necessary.
• Must have 5+ years industry as matte painter
• Must master Photoshop.
• Must have excellent software knowledge of Maya and/or XSI and Nuke.
• Must master camera projection.
• Must have advanced skill, knowledge and understanding of design, composition, color skills, visual effects, production and implementation.
• Must have high-level photo real painting experience and have the ability to match lighting and photoreal characteristics of the plates supplied.
• Must have artistic flexibility, versatility, ability to match and/or adapt painting style to suit a range of production designs.
• Must be willing to travel to India