Prime Focus World is a global media services company providing stereo 3D conversion, visual effects and animation to major studios and filmmakers around the world.
The Data-Ops department is responsible for keeping data flowing smoothly between our studios worldwide, as well as to our clients and suppliers. Using tools such as Aspera/Faspex, rsync, robocopy, and Thinkbox Deadline, our Data-Ops department is responsible for the efficient movement of all data into and out of the facility.
Data-Ops co-ordinate with production to balance priorities and allocate bandwidth appropriately, dynamically adjusting our transfers to ensure timely delivery of assets. They provide the production team with ETA's and status reports at regular intervals.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that often provides 24/7 coverage, and applicants should expect and be able to accept shift assignments evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity
- Monitor, manage and check rendered shots, verifying delivery for dailies & rounds
- Maintain rendering priorities and resource allocations for various productions
- Assist artists with render job submissions and errors
- Monitor infrastructure servers and escalate problems
- Handle studio help desk calls after hours and on weekends
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with your position as may be assigned to you from time to time
- Basic Linux experience
- General technical troubleshooting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a fast paced, occasionally high pressure environment
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings or nights when production schedules require
- Basic shell scripting experience preferred
- Experience with Aspera, SFTP, rsync, and Robocopy, Python, and Thinkbox's Deadline render manager are not required, but would be significant advantages for an applicant