Objective: Responsible for the control of general accounting for the Vancouver operations
Reports to: Group Controller, Los Angeles
Overtime Status: Exempt
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide management with financial information for planning and decision making.
- Day to day management of finance/accounting, including supervision of accounts payable and payroll.
- Preparation of the monthly reporting pack for Vancouver operations.
- Manage monthly close process and improvements to the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and accounting compliance for Vancouver operations.
- Escalate potentially significant financial risks or exposures to the Group Controller.
- Work closely with the Group Controller to ensure that all intercompany and related party transactions are correctly accounted for.
- Work closely with the Group Controller on implementing the appropriate internal controls and accounting policies.
- Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records for the purpose of giving management advice and preparing management statements.
- Manage the accounts payable function including directing invoice processing and verification, expense coding, and drafting of payment checks or vouchers.
- Review, approve and post all GL transactions booked by Accountant.
- Oversee, review and approve payroll.
- Support Long Angeles during the annual external audit with information as required.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested by collecting, summarizing, and reporting financial data.
- Maintain positive relationships with other managers by meeting and discussing issues and how to resolve.
Taxes and Tax Credits
- Review and updates employee eligibility for tax Credits.
- Review monthly tax credit accrual workbook.
- Responsible for requesting affidavits and legal opinion letters for tax credits in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Filing PSTC & CAVCO tax credits online in a timely manner.
- Approve and ensure compliance with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax fillings.
- Provides external tax preparers with information required for preparation of annual tax returns and responds to queries.
- Prepares the GST/HST monthly Tax Returns.
- Responsible for the compliance and local tax audits.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to successfully perform all position requirements.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations on direct reports to provide feedback and discuss areas of improvement.
- Clearly establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the support and direction they need to achieve the desired results.
- Promptly address any performance issues, develop action plans for individual improvement and, if necessary, handle any termination issues.
- Ten to Fifteen years’ experience including five at the Controller level or similar. Three to five years working experience with one of the big 4 public accounting firms a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CGA/CPA/CA designation.
- SAGE Accpac experience a plus.
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships.
- Experience in entertainment a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to verbalize findings to a management team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Detail-oriented and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and respond to the needs of the organization and clients.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience (Excel).
*Please upload your CV/resume as an attachment only. Please do not type or paste your resume as text in any of the provided fields. Thank-you.