To motivate and mentor the 2D team to ensure all elements are complete and on time from beginning to end of each project and complete or assist with shots as necessary.
• Liaise directly with the Digital Supervisor / Producer
• Oversee the 2D team in all aspects of the department for the entire project
• Encourage the 2D team and ensure all elements are met and on budget
• Plan and execute all roto/composite/colour requirements for all projects
• Assist compositors and finalize shots as necessary
• Estimate time-lines with producer to ensure all deliveries are met
• Create and organize (with lead) file processes for all individual projects.
• Communicate with 2D Leads to ensure all renders are completed.
• Assign and create teams for individual projects.
• Ensure compositors are equipped with necessary software and hardware
• Ensure tutorials and other educational/training tools available to staff.
• Mentor junior compositors as necessary
• Miscellaneous visual effects duties as required
• Desired candidates will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a VFX production environment using Nuke
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
• A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his/her own work
• A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
• Former supervisory experience is preferred