To complete all animation tasks given to you by the supervisor and communicate your progress. Maintain a daily schedule with shot and sequences assigned to artists with an estimate for completion. Daily review with department supervisor of all shots for final approval.
CG Lead/ VFX Supervisor/ CG Supervisor
Project and Position Overview:
This contract is for Sin City 2. Prime Focus has the entire movie, so there is a lot of room for creative development within this position. Sin City 2 is a heavily artistic film, with both stylized and photoreal character animation. This will include digi-double animation, vehicle animation, and cinematic camera layout. As such, experience in these areas is a bonus as is rigging and cloth simulation experience.
- Consult with VFX Supervisors/Producers on visual effects shot requirements; communicate the work and timeline required.
- Lead the animation team as needed and ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Develop 3D tools and utilities for individual projects or general use as necessary.
- Lead and supervise the animation team, the creation and delivery of animated shots with VFX Coordinators/Producers as required.
- Work as part of development team and communicate with the Technical Directors to make all tools accessible and operational.
- Create solutions or workarounds for technical problems; evaluate software tools to determine how they would fit into production pipelines, and their suitability for specific projects.
- Assist with shots / images as required.
- Miscellaneous visual effects duties as required.
- Complete and submit weekly timesheets.
- 4+ years experience in feature film and/or gaming production with demonstrated abilities in pre-visualization, animatics and character animation.
- Proficient in Maya
- Previous experience as an animation lead is strongly preferred
- Candidates must possess strong animation and storytelling skills
- Experience with character set-up and animation is a must.
- Strong leadership capabilities