PGA to honor Alfonso Cuarón for 'Gravity'

The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced the honorees for the 2014 Digital V.I.P. Awards. Visionaries, Innovators and Producers that have made significant contributions to the advancement of digital entertainment and storytelling during the past year will be honored on June 6. The celebration will be held at Soho House in Los Angeles and will kick off the 2014 Produced By Conference.

Alfonso Cuarón is among those to be honored for Gravity. With a modest budget Gravity pushed visual effects to a new dimension. All told 80 percent of the film is substantially a visual-effects creation and the other 20 percent contains a significant amount of effects work.

Read more at Animation World Network