Controller / Director of Reporting
Responsible for the group financial reporting and related internal controls, consolidations of the group results, and general accounting of the US Corporate operations.
Global Financial Reporting and Corporate Accounting
- Prepare the consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements and related footnotes.
- Prepare the consolidation workbook, financials and analytics for quarterly financial reviews and annual audits.
- Work closely with the Global VP and Global Group Controller to determine the appropriate accounting policies and procedures and internal controls in accordance to the guidance of the International Financial Reporting Standards “IFRS”.
- Research and prepare technical memos to support the group accounting position.
- Escalate the potentially significant financial risks or exposures to the Global Group Controller or Global VP Finance.
- Work with the Global VP Finance to coordinate the external audits and quarterly reviews.
- Prepare the internal management reports and analysis for management purpose.
- Work closely with the Global Group Controller to ensure that all intercompany and related party transactions are correctly accounted for and reported.
- Provide the operating entities with the allocation of the costs of the shared services.
- Day to day management of general accounting of the US corporate operations. Preparation of the monthly closing pack for the US corporate operations.
- Prepare the Management Discussion and Analysis on a quarterly basis. Work with regional Controllers to identify and explain variances from budgets and forecasts.
Global Accounts Receivable and Revenue
- Manage the accounts receivable and revenue function within the organization globally, including billing of all work.
- Prepare the Revenue recognition memos. Prepare monthly global revenue recognition calculation.
- Prepare monthly revenue forecast. Issue global monthly revenue versus forecast flash report analyzing actual verses forecast.
- Responsible for maintenance of revenue files including contract, change orders, and other supporting documents. Sends out new project set up form, once agreement is received, creates project payment schedules.
- Assist Management team on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
Global Systems and Controls
- Work closely with the Global VP Finance on determination and implementation of appropriate internal controls across the group.
- Responsible for utilization of AccPac accounting system for the group.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of functionality and reports of AccPac for external and internal use.
- Act as the primary administrator of AccPac.
Work closely with the Global VP Finance and Global Group Controller on providing initial and ongoing training to the global accounting department to ensure they have the appropriate technical skills and knowledge to successfully perform all tasks assigned.
- Five years audit experience with a major public accounting firm (Big 4 is a plus).
- CPA is a must.
- Three years experience as a controller or assistant financial controller with an SEC registrant a plus.
- US GAAP expertise a must
- Must be ok to travel between 15-20% of the time
- Excellent Experience with IFRS a huge plus
- Experience with designing and implementing accounting systems in accordance to the public standards.
- SAGE AccPac experience a plus.
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships with business partners.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to verbalize findings to a Management team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail-oriented and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and respond to the needs of the organization and clients.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience (Excel).