Pre-Visualisation / Previs Artist
Prime Focus Animation is looking for a Pre Visualisation / Previs artist to join its London-based team, to deliver shots for a live action feature film project.
The Previs artist will work with an Oscar winning VFX Supervisor to create several action and magical sequences. This position is based in London.
Responsibilities / Tasks / Reporting
- To work closely with existing the VFX Supervisor who will brief and approve all work.
- To collaborate if necessary with other Previs artists in the team.
- Using the storyboard as a base, to create a Previs animation blocking and camera movements of the shot.
- Create Quicktime movies for approval, with After Effects composited additional effect elements if required.
- Ability to work within our existing team.
- Mid, Mid / Senior and/or Senior level candidates will be considered.
- Ability to manage cameras, staging, composition, rhythm and timing.
- Ability to work individually to deliver multiple shots following a brief.
- Examples of previous animation / cinematic camera work within Maya.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Maya, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- To have previous experience working within Previs / Animation pipelines.
- Ability to adjust existing models or create basic models.
- Knowledge of editing and lighting useful.