Nuke Breakout Compositor
Key Purpose of Job
To simplify composite scripts and precomp elements of a vfx shot for layer logical stereo conversion, including
live-action and computer graphic elements. You must judge the best strategy to break down and render out
elements that complete vfx shots which are useful to 2d-3d conversion and maintain continuity between them.
Breakout compositors work closely with Stereo TD’s, Stereographers, 2D Supervisors and Visual Effects
Supervisors and are expected to quickly understand composites on the most complex and demanding shots in
This role represents a unique opportunity to advance comp skills by examining and reverse engineering finished
composites from the most experienced compositors in the gold standard of vfx companies today
Needs to Do
- Work closely with VFX/Stereo Supervisor & Stereographer to evaluate the creative and technical approach.
- Take part in client reviews.
- Follow production methodologies and develop creative approaches and problem-solve.
- Foresee, troubleshoot and communicate potential problems.
- Constantly deliver excellent results with minimal supervision.
- Communicate and collaborate with other lead compositors, r&d, pipeline and other members of the VFX/Stereo Conversion team.
Needs to Be
- Team oriented
- Accept change
- Calm under pressure
Needs to Know
- You must have a minimum of 3 years VFX industry experience - feature film, commercial VFX or 3D feature
- Expert theoretical knowledge of and ability to use Nuke.
- A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting is helpful.
- Critical eye for detail, and strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work closely in a small team with tight schedules.
- Scripting or programming experience is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of VFX and stereography.