Pipeline Engineer / TD
Prime Focus Animation is looking for a Character Animation Pipeline Engineer / TD to work with our Animation and Pipe Teams, delivering a roster of fully CG animated TV shows.
From LEGO, to Barbie meets Tinkerbell!
The Character Animation Pipeline Engineer/TD is to work within the existing Pipe team, maintaining, designing and implementing tools, workflows and low-level pipeline frameworks for both the Character Setup and Animation teams.
Supporting LA, London and our 300+ seat animation team in Mumbai.
Responsibilities / Tasks / Reporting
- To report to the Pipe Lead Team - so that all briefed work is in line with the overall Pipe plan.
- Understand schedules for Pipe development - and to work within these overall parameters.
- To technically match required show specific requirements, and all pre agreed Pipe developments, agreed processes and standards.
- Work efficiently within the existing Production and Pipe work flows - and coordinate with the Pipe Lead Team over any agreed developments.
- To work with the existing VFX and CG Supervisor teams.
- A mid level role, working within our existing team.
- To have previous experience working within Animation pipelines.
- To complete planned rigging, animation and caching-tools.
- Supporting and developing some core character rig databases.
- Swapping and publishing tools.
- In-shot tweaking workflows.
- Cross-department code involving Layout, Animation and Compositing teams.
- The position requires strong software development skills, with a production-minded approach, and the ability to collaborate closely with both Artists and Engineers.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with Maya’s Mel and Python API’s.
- Experience writing GUI’s using the Qt framework (C++, PyQt or PySide).
- Knowledge of character Rigging and Animation pipeline development.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Maya rigging, Animation and referencing toolsets.
- Experience with UNIX / Linux.