Animation Pipeline Lead
Prime Focus Animation is looking for a Pipeline Lead to join its London-based team, delivering a roster of fully CG animated TV shows and feature film projects.
The Pipeline Lead manages the pipeline team and their day-to-day tasks; maintains, designs and implements tools, workflows and low-level pipeline frameworks; and suggest and implements future possibilities for improvement of the division as a whole. This position is based out of London and works closely with our 400+ seat animation studio in Mumbai.
Responsibilities / Tasks / Reporting
- Reporting to the CG Supervisor and working closely with existing Supervisory teams and management.
- Defining the future evolution of the pipeline to support the needs on the floor.
- To technically match required show specific requirements and all pre-agreed pipeline developments, agreed processes and standards.
- Working efficiently within the existing production and pipeline workflows, and coordinating the pipeline team over any agreed developments.
- Maintaining and improving the quality of code and documentation, and educating staff as required.
- To lead the existing pipeline team in Mumbai and work with the senior team in London.
- A senior level role, working within our existing team.
- To have previous experience working within Animation pipelines.
- Supporting and developing the core pipeline.
- Cross-department code involving all departments of the production.
- The position requires strong software development skills, with a production-minded approach, and the ability to collaborate closely with both artists and engineers, leading proactively to find ways to improve the code and workflows.
- Strong knowledge of animation pipeline development.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with Maya’s Mel and Python API’s.
- Experience writing GUI’s using the Qt framework (C++, PyQt or PySide).
- Experience with UNIX / Linux.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Previous leadership experience.