Senior Paint Artist (Stereo Conversion)
Prime Focus is recruiting a Senior Paint Artist to join its Stereo Conversion team. Candidates must be willing and able to travel internationally, and the initial assignment will include training and leading the paint teams at Prime Focus’ facility in Goa, India.
The successful candidate will be required to create and supervise photo-realistic paintings and elements that fill in textures, atmospherics and light passes using 3D and 2D tools and techniques, including patch creation, camera setup, modelling for projection and frame-by-frame painting. This may be applied to any elements of a VFX shot for layer-logical stereo conversion, including live-action and computer graphic elements. You must judge the best strategy to breakdown and re-create elements that are useful to 2D-3D conversion and maintain continuity between them.
The Senior Paint Artist will work closely with the Stereo TD’s, Stereographers, 2D Supervisors and Visual Effects Supervisors working on our shows, and is expected to quickly understand composites on the most complex and demanding shots in the film.
This role represents a unique opportunity to advance your skills by complementing finished composites from some of the most experienced compositors working in the biggest VFX companies in the world.
Needs To Know
Needs To Do
- You must have a minimum of 3 years VFX industry experience - feature film, commercial VFX or 3D feature animation
- Expert theoretical knowledge of and ability to use Nuke. Skills in Photoshop, Silhouette and Fusion a bonus
- Experience leading and training teams in a VFX environment
- A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting is helpful
- Critical eye for detail, and strong communication skills
- Proven ability to work closely in a small team with tight schedules
- Scripting or programming experience is a plus
- Excellent understanding of VFX and stereography
- Work closely with VFX/Stereo Supervisor & Stereographer to evaluate the creative and technical approach
- Train and lead paint teams in Prime Focus global facilities – initially in Goa
- Take part in client reviews
- Follow production methodologies and develop creative approaches and solutions
- Foresee, troubleshoot and communicate potential problems
- Constantly deliver excellent results with minimal supervision
- Communicate and collaborate with other lead compositors, r&d, pipeline and other members of the VFX/Stereo Conversion team
Needs To Be
- Team oriented
- Calm under pressure